We are STEM Welcome
You are Invited!
We Are STEM 2014 is a statewide initiative focused on encouraging girls’ and boys’ interests in STEM-related courses and career pathways that are nontraditional to their gender (defined by Carl D. Perkins legislation as 25% or fewer of the student’s gender represented in the workforce, e.g. Women in Engineering and Men in Health Technologies).
Friday, February 28, 2014 at 7:30 AM to 2:00 PM
Workforce Development Center Ballroom
315 Cleveland Avenue
Columbus, Ohio 43215
Columbus State Community College - Maps & Directions
Registration is open on a first come-first serve basis.
Seating is limited to 200 participants. Each participant receives has the opportunity to win door prizes.
Did you know?
- Women and men of color are under-represented in STEM careers, yet these careers provide the opportunity to close the wage gap between genders and races
- Women in STEM careers earn about 33% more than women in non-STEM careers1
- STEM careers,
including healthcare, are the fastest growing fields in our economy2
- Through 2018, STEM occupations are forecasted to grow 17 percent, compared with slightly less than 10 percent growth for non-STEM occupations2
1. Data from the U.S. Department of Commerce, 2011.
2. Data from the IMT Career Journal, http://www.thomasnet.com/journals/career/employment-outlook-for-stem-professionals-is-robust-and-moving-beyond-traditional-occupations/