The Columbus Campus is closed: More
GED Computer-Based Testing
The Community & Professional Testing Center at Columbus State Community College offers the computerized GED Test.
This computerized testing format offers test-takers a better testing experience featuring:
- 24/7 registration and scheduling online
- Score results for multiple choice sections available on the ged.com website within 24 hours
- Can register to take one section or multiple sections on same day
Registering for the GED CBT Test
1. Create Your Account: Visit www.GED.com , select “Register Today”, then “New Users Start Here” and create your own GED testing account.
2. Complete Registration Questions, provide your E-mail information, create User Name and Password, and provide additional documentation (if necessary).
3. Schedule Your Test: Visit www.GED.com and select “Register Today”, then “Scheduling” and follow prompts. Select Location (Columbus State Community College), Date and Time. Scheduling is done through Pearson VUE and they will schedule the candidate’s testing with the Community & Professional Testing Center (Columbus State Community College). Contact Pearson VUE at 1-877-EXAM-GED or 1-877-392-6433 Mon-Fri, 7:00 am – 7:00 pm CST.
4. Pay for Test with Credit Card (no Pre-Paid cards allowed) and review your receipt for testing date, time, and location details.
The Social Studies, Science, and Mathematics modules include an embedded calculator, and an example of the calculator is shown below. The tutorial presented at the beginning of the Mathematics module provides students with instructions on using the calculator. Test-takers are permitted to bring their own Texas Instrument TI30XS hand-held calculator. The only hand-held model allowed for these modules is the Texas Instrument TI-30XS. Any calculator students bring that does not match the accepted model cannot be brought into the testing room and used on the exam.
- Testing Center
- Academic Testing
- Community & Professional Testing
- Admissions, Entrance & Academic Exams
- Certification, Licensure & Credentialing Exams
- Talent Selection and Employer-based Pre-Employment Testing
- Community Hours & Location
- Community Policies
- Placement Testing
- Delaware Campus Testing Center