ATTENTION: Westerville Center closed until 2 p.m. More.
Environmental Health and Safety
In collaboration with human resources, other college departments and vendors, promote a safe work environment free of environmental hazards, guided by the Public Employment Risk Reduction Program and Ohio Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
- Encourage departments to use online software to track hazardous chemical inventories in order to comply in part with Hazard Communication requirements.
- Provide guidance to employee safety training programs.
- Interpret Occupational Safety and Health Act standards and how they apply to Columbus State.
- Track building inspections to pro-actively identify risks and to facilitate needed remedies and repairs.
- Oversee the safe disposal of hazardous and biological waste.
- Schedule fire system inspections and facilitate needed repairs.
- Respond to employee safety concerns and questions.
- Assist Human Resources to identify college safety training needs and to interpret safety standards as they apply to Columbus State.
Safety Program Coordinator 614.287.3876
Physical Plant room 203