LOCATION CHANGE: Taste the Future, Tuesday, Aug. 16, has been moved to the Columbus State parking garage on Washington Avenue.
Environmental Health and Safety
In collaboration with human resources, other college departments and vendors, promote a safe work environment free of environmental hazards, guided by the Public Employment Risk Reduction Program and Ohio Environmental Protection Agency regulations.
- Encourage departments to use online software to track hazardous chemical inventories in order to comply in part with Hazard Communication requirements.
- Provide guidance to employee safety training programs.
- Interpret Occupational Safety and Health Act standards and how they apply to Columbus State.
- Track building inspections to pro-actively identify risks and to facilitate needed remedies and repairs.
- Oversee the safe disposal of hazardous and biological waste.
- Schedule fire system inspections and facilitate needed repairs.
- Respond to employee safety concerns and questions.
- Assist Human Resources to identify college safety training needs and to interpret safety standards as they apply to Columbus State.
Safety Program Coordinator 614.287.3876
Physical Plant room 203
- Public Safety / Police
- Safety Tips
- Reporting Incidents
- Daily Crime Log
- Clery Annual Security Report
- Clery Crime Alerts
- RAVE Text Message Alerts
- Sex Offender Notification / eSORN Database
- Lost and Found
- Crime & Sexual Assault Prevention
- Crime Prevention
- Facility Key & Card Access Requests