Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Transferring Financial Aid
Transferring Financial Aid
Transferring to Columbus State:
If you are transferring to Columbus State to begin or continue work on one of our degree or certificate programs and would like to use federal student aid to assist with payment of your educational expenses, follow these steps:
- Complete the CSCC Admissions Application at www.cscc.edu.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office at your current school to cancel unused financial aid awards.
- Using www.fafsa.ed.gov, edit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to list Columbus State Community College. Our federal school code is 006867. The U.S. Department of Education will process this change and send updated FAFSA results to Columbus State.
- Once your information has been reviewed by the Financial Aid Office, an award letter will be posted to your Cougarweb account. You will receive an email to let you know that the award information is available. (NOTE: Your financial aid eligibility at Columbus State will be affected by federal student aid funds received at other colleges during the same academic year. Complete and submit an Award Revision/Transfer Form in our office to notify us that you were a financial aid recipient at another institution.)
- Students who wish to utilize Direct loans must complete Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov.
Transferring out of Columbus State:
If you are transferring out of Columbus State, please follow these steps to cancel unused federal student aid:
- Complete the CSCC Award Revision/Transfer Form and submit to the CSCC Financial Aid Office.
- If you borrowed Direct loans at any time during your attendance at Columbus State, you must complete Exit Counseling at www.nslds.ed.gov. This counseling session is designed to give you important information about loan terms and borrower repayment responsibilities and options.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office at your new school for information on their financial aid process. Financial aid awards do not transfer from school to school.
Occasionally a student wishes to enroll simultaneously at CSCC and another college/university and combine the hours at both institutions for financial aid purposes. Students are able to do this by completing a consortium agreement.
Your financial aid will be awarded by the institution from which you will receive your degree. The school from which you will graduate is the “home” institution. The “home” institution will process the agreement with the other school, called the “host” institution. CSCC never serves as the home school. The purpose of a consortium agreement is to ensure disbursement of the proper amount of financial aid.
1. Speak to your advisor at your home school to ensure that the courses you wish to take at the host institution will transfer to your degree program. Your advisor will also have to sign the consortium agreement form to verify that the courses are applicable.
2. Fill out the student section and be sure to sign the form. Please read through the form carefully, as it contains important information.
3. Have your advisor sign the form.
4. Once your advisor signs the form, you can register for your classes at your host school.
5. Turn in the consortium agreement acknowledgement form along with your consortium agreement to the customer service windows at CSCC.
6. CSCC will verify your enrollment and costs for the term, sign the form, and return the form to the financial aid office at your home school. Approximately one week after the form has been processed, a copy will be sent to the student’s CSCC email account.
Depending on volume of agreements, processing can take up to two weeks. Based on the above procedures, it is important to plan enough time for all these steps to occur. Students attending the host school are responsible for paying all program fees at the institution by relevant payment deadlines
Consortium Agreement Forms