Because of a partial power outage, Columbus Campus classes in the following areas are canceled for today: Anthropology, Criminology, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology. More
Transferring Financial Aid
Transferring Financial Aid
Transferring to Columbus State:
If you are transferring to Columbus State to begin or continue work on one of our degree or certificate programs and would like to use federal student aid to assist with payment of your educational expenses, follow these steps:
- Complete the CSCC Admissions Application at www.cscc.edu.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office at your current school to cancel unused financial aid awards.
- Using www.fafsa.ed.gov, edit your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to list Columbus State Community College. Our federal school code is 006867. The U.S. Department of Education will process this change and send updated FAFSA results to Columbus State.
- Once your information has been reviewed by the Financial Aid Office, an award letter will be posted to your Cougarweb account. You will receive an email to let you know that the award information is available. (NOTE: Your financial aid eligibility at Columbus State may be affected by federal student aid funds received at other colleges during the same academic year.)
- Students who wish to utilize Direct loans must complete the Entrance Counseling and Master Promissory Note at www.studentloans.gov.
Transferring out of Columbus State:
If you are transferring out of Columbus State, please follow these steps to cancel unused federal student aid:
- Complete the CSCC Award Revision form and submit to the CSCC Financial Aid Office.
- If you borrowed Direct loans at any time during your attendance at Columbus State, you must complete Exit Counseling at www.nslds.ed.gov. This counseling session is designed to give you important information about loan terms and borrower repayment responsibilities and options.
- Contact the Financial Aid Office at your new school for information on their financial aid process. Financial aid awards do not transfer from school to school.
Occasionally a student wishes to enroll simultaneously at CSCC and another college/university and combine the hours at both institutions for financial aid purposes. Students are able to do this by initiating a Consortium Agreement between the two institutions.
Your financial aid will be awarded by the institution from which you will receive your degree. The school from which you will graduate is the “home” institution. The “home” institution will process the agreement with the other school, called the “host” institution. CSCC never serves as the home institution. The purpose of a Consortium Agreement is to ensure disbursement of the proper amount of financial aid at your home institution based upon the total enrollment at both institutions.
1. Speak to your Advisor at your home school to ensure that the courses you wish to take at the host institution (CSCC) will transfer to your degree program. Complete the Consortium Agreement Form with your Advisor at your home school, including your advisor's signature, to verify the courses you wish to take are applicable to your degree program.
2. Complete the student section of the Consortium Agreement Form and be sure to sign the form. Read the form carefully as it contains important information.
3. Once you have completed the Consortium Agreement Form with your home school, with all the required signatures, you can register for classes at your host institution (CSCC).
5. Turn in the completed Consortium Acknowledgement Form (see below for link to form) along with your completed Consortium Agreement Form to Student Central, located in the Upper Level of Madison Hall at Columbus State.
6. CSCC will verify your enrollment and costs for the term, sign the form, and return the form to the financial aid office at your home school. Approximately one week after the form has been processed by CSCC, a copy will be emailed to your CSCC email account.
NOTE: Processing of the Consortium Agreement Forms by CSCC may take up to two weeks depending on the volume. It is important to plan enough time for all steps to be completed. Tuition and fees at CSCC are due by the fee payment deadlines.