ATTENTION: College offices closed for business through Jan. 1. More.
All documentation should be on professional letterhead. A handwritten letter, RX pad, and Social Security letter will not be accepted by DS.
Types of acceptable documentation:
- Recent high school graduate- latest IEP and Multifactored Evaluation (MFE) or Evaluation Team Report (ETR).
- BVR/BSVI report on student’s disability and assessment information.
- Psychological or neuropsychological evaluation conducted by a licensed psychiatrist or psychologist.
- Audiogram for Deaf and Hard of Hearing students.
- Transfer students will need a letter stating accommodations received and any supporting documentation the former college used to determine the accommodations.
- A Disability Verification Form completed by a medical professional.
Comprehensive Documentation should include:
1. A diagnostic statement identifying the disability
2. Date of diagnosis
3. The name and credentials of the diagnosing professional(s)
4. Assessments scores (Extremely important if applicable) on psycho- educational or psychological aspects of student with disability
5. Summary of assessment results
6. Medication prescribed if applicable
7. Recommendation for Academic Support Services: i.e. extra time on exams, alternate media, test on tape, notetaker, reader, scribe for essay exams, calculator or other adaptive equipment
8. Reason(s) for academic support services
Please Note the Following Changes in Procedures:
New/ Prospective Students:
As of 9/1/12, Disability Services will no longer copy documentation for students registering for services. You will need to provide a copy of your documentation for the office to keep for processing. The CSCC Library, located in Columbus Hall, has three (3) photocopiers available for use by the campus community.
Current DS Students/ Students Transferring to Other Schools:
As of 9/1/12, Disability Services will no longer provide a paper copy of your documentation. Please complete the Documentation Request Form and return it to the DS front office to request an electronic copy of your documentation. Your request will be processed and the electronic copy of your documentation will be forwarded to your CSCC email.