Because of a partial power outage, Columbus Campus classes in the following areas are canceled for today: Anthropology, Criminology, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology. More
1098-T Tax Reporting
Tax time is right around the corner. Your 1098-T, or "Tuition Payment Statement," is an important document that proves eligibility for student tax benefits, which may lower your tax liability. That means you may owe less and/or get more money back!
You can access an electronic copy of your 1098-T through CougarWeb right now! To retrieve the form electronically, you need to first sign up or opt-in.
To retrieve your 1098-T Online:
1. Go to: www.cscc.edu and login to CougarWeb for Students:
- You will need your User ID and Password: If you do not remember your user name click on the link at the bottom of the CougarWeb home page titled "What's My User Id?" If you do not remember your password click on the link at the bottom of the CougarWeb home page titled "What's My Password?"
2. Under Financial Information go to:
- 1098 Electronic Consent: Review the statements and if you agree with the first statement check the box. Once you consent, you will not be mailed a 1098-T.
- View my 1098-T forms: To access your 1098-T for 2016
Opting in for online access to your 1098-T provides important benefits:
- No risk of misplacing or damaging a paper document – you'll know right where to find your form for tax preparation
- You can access your 1098-T form any time, 24/7
- You can print your form any time – as many times as you need to
Please note that students who DO NOT opt in to retrieve their 1098-T form through CougarWeb will receive a one-time mailing of their 1098-T for 2016. These forms will be mailed beginning January 31, 2017 and should arrive in early February. Students who opt in to retrieve their form online will not receive a paper mailing.
Not sure how to use your 1098-T for taxes? We can help!
Columbus State is offering a Blue Print workshop titled "Your Education Tax Benefits" on January 25, 2017, in Madison Hall room 202 from 1 to 2 p.m. This workshop will cover information about the 1098-T and the credits that you may be eligible for on your tax return, no reservation is necessary.
If you have any questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The 1098-T form is a "Tuition Payments Statement" that higher educational institutions are required to provide to eligible students and the IRS. You receive this form because higher education costs may be eligible for tax benefits. For more information please consult a tax professional or the IRS website at www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p970.pdf.