The Columbus Campus is closed: More
The Columbus State Bookstore offers a year-round textbook and calculator buyback program with the core buyback and most competitive pricing offered during our end of semester buyback.
END OF SEMESTER
SPRING 2017 BUYBACK
Monday-Friday, MAY 8-12, Regular Hours.
Westerville Center: Monday, MAY 8, Noon - 6 pm.
Reynoldsburg Center: Tuesday, MAY 9, Noon - 6 pm.
Dublin Center: Wednesday, MAY 10, Noon - 6 pm.
Delaware Campus: Thursday, MAY 11, Noon - 6 pm.
Customer Care offers a year-round textbook and calculator buyback program. However, the core buyback with the most competitive buyback pricing is offered the last two weeks of each semester during our End of Semester Buyback. If the Bookstore has a need, we will make a cash offer (regardless of whether you bought the book new or used). It is important to note that you can sell your book back to us no matter where you originally purchased it.
There are several factors that affect the book value and whether or not a book will be bought back:
- Has your instructor reordered the book for the upcoming semester?
- Does the Bookstore need more copies, or have we bought our limit?
- Is the book damaged in any way (missing pages, liquid damage, binding broken)?
- It there a pending new edition of the book, or is the book already an old edition?
- Was the book sold as a bundle, and are pieces missing (CD’s)?
- Was the access code removed or scratched off?
- Is there a wholesale demand for the book (are other colleges looking to use this book)?
- We do not buy copies marked as international edition, instructor copy, or free copy.
The calculator buyback program is an effort to help students reduce their overall education costs, as it allows the Bookstore to offer students used calculators at a discounted rate when available.
Calculators must be in good, operable condition with working batteries and a cover. In order to sell a calculator, a student must present a valid Cougar ID, Ohio driver's license, or State issued ID for Ohio.The Bookstore buys the following calculators (one calculator per student per semester):
- TI-84+ Calculator for $50
- TI30XS Multiview Calculator for $8
We have partnered with MBS Textbook Exchange for an online buyback option. The buyback and pricing offered through the MBS website is not the same as the Columbus State Bookstore in-person buyback.
Please note the buyback pricing model reflects wholesale pricing based on a national supply and demand, so it may not be the most competitive buyback offer. *Check out the Columbus State Bookstore first to compare prices!