Adjunct Faculty Advanced Learning Workshop
This program is currently being redesigned for the 2013-14 academic year. Look for announcements of opportunities for all adjuncts to engage in dialog about improving teaching and learning at Columbus State.
The Advanced Program is an opportunity for select, experienced adjuncts to explore topics in effective teaching in a seminar environment. Particpants must apply and be selected for participation. The program is sponsored by Instructional Services and led by an outside consultant. The program is offered twice a year.
Past programs have included:
- The community college story
- Sharing effective teaching practices
- Projects on
- Classroom Assessment
- Collaborative Learning
- Engaging learners with techology
- Online discussion of the Community College Survey of Student Engagemement
- Exploring and addressing learning preferences
- Classroom management challenges
- Best practices in helping our students succeed