LOCATION CHANGE: Taste the Future, Tuesday, Aug. 16, has been moved to the Columbus State parking garage on Washington Avenue.
GED Preparation Courses
Our program is designed to help students improve their math and language arts skills in preparation for the GED® test, COMPASS® exam, or employment assessments. We are committed to teaching to each student rather than using the “one room schoolhouse” approach used by many other programs. Students complete a brief math and reading assessment and enroll in classes appropriate to their academic skill-level.
- Classroom instruction in math and language arts
- Small class sizes ensure individualized attention
- Preparation for the GED® test
- Preparation for college entrance exams or workplace aptitude tests
- College enrollment information and assistance
- Academic advising
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills to improve workplace success
See our GED® brochure for detailed information, including placement test info, class schedules, step-by-step registration process, and more.
Our classes are taught by experienced instructors trained in adult education who have a passion for teaching.
- Classes meet twice a week, for two hours each session, for eight weeks -- a total of 32 hours.
- Language Arts classes provide instruction in reading, writing, grammar, spelling, and vocabulary.
- Math classes are designed to build skills in number functions, multi-step word problems, algebra and geometry.
- Homework, midterms and final exams are an integral part of each class.
Classes are designed for students who are 17* or older and are:
- Motivated to do whatever it takes to earn their GED®
- Preparing for a college entrance exam or college-level coursework
- Looking to improve their literacy and/or math skills to open up career opportunities
NOTE: Anyone under the age of 19 who is registering for classes must provide emergency contact information.
* The Ohio GED® testing program requires all test-takers under the age of 19 to submit additional paperwork to be eligible to take the exam. Details and copies of the forms are available at the following web address:
- Academic planning
- Information about College Financial Aid opportunities
- Assistance with transition to college