CougarWeb is temporarily unavailable. More
GED Preparation Courses
Our program is designed to help students improve their math and language arts skills in preparation for the GED® test, COMPASS® exam, or employment assessments. We are committed to teaching to each student rather than using the “one room schoolhouse” approach used by many other programs. Students complete a brief math and reading assessment and enroll in classes appropriate to their academic skill-level.
- Classroom instruction in math and language arts
- Small class sizes ensure individualized attention
- Preparation for the GED® test
- Preparation for the COMPASS® test
- College enrollment information and assistance
- Academic advising to help you plan for the future
- Basic reading, writing, and math skills to improve workplace success
See our GED® brochure for detailed information, including costs, class schedules, step-by-step registration process, and more.
All of our classes are taught by experienced instructors trained in adult education who have a passion for teaching.
- Classes meet twice a week, for two hours each, for eight weeks.
- Language Arts classes provide instruction in reading, writing, grammar, spelling, and vocabulary.
- Math classes are designed to build skill in number functions, multi-step word problems, algebra and geometry.
- Homework, midterm and final exams for each class.
Classes are designed for students who are 17* or older and are:
- Motivated to earn a GED®.
- Preparing for a college entrance exam (COMPASS®, AccuPlacer®, etc.) or college-level coursework.
- Looking to improve literacy and math skills to open up career opportunities.
NOTE: Anyone under the age of 19 who is registering for classes must provide emergency contact information.
- Academic planning
- Information about College Financial Aid opportunities
- Assistance with transition to college