Skip to main content
Register for Spring 2016

Frequently Asked Questions

What is the CSCC Dual Enrollment Program?

Dual Enrollment allows high school students the opportunity to earn college credit while still in high school. Columbus State began this program as a way to help enrich students academic program of study while still in high school and to help students navigate the transition from high school to college while simultaneously enriching each student's program of study.

How is Dual Enrollment different from Advanced Placement?

Students who participate in Dual Enrollment receive a final grade based on a series of assessments given throughout the semester. A student can only earn college credit through Advanced Placement if they achieve the required score on the AP exam at the end of the term.

Is there a cost associated with participating in Dual Enrollment?

Yes. Dual Enrollment courses are billed at a discounted tuition rate of $25/credit hour. Columbus State bills your school district each semester for all students participating in the program. The district, in turn, collects payment for their students. Once the published semester CSCC withdrawal deadlines have passed, Dual Enrollment tuition is non-refundable.

What do I need to do to enroll in Columbus State's Dual Enrollment program?

If you are enrolled in a CSCC Dual Enrollment course at your high school, the next step is to apply online at After applying, you should see your high school teacher for the necessary paperwork. You must complete a CSCC Dual Enrollment Registration Form, which needs to be signed by both you and a parent/guardian, and submit either ACT scores or take the COMPASS test. You must include payment with your paperwork—checks should be made payable to your district.

What if I am enrolled in more than one CSCC class at my high school?

Complete only one CSCC Dual Enrollment Registration Form and turn it in to one of your teachers. However, you must select each class for which you want to receive college credit on the CSCC Dual Enrollment Program Form.

Are CSCC Dual Enrollment courses transferrable to other colleges and universities?

Yes. The credit you receive for your Dual Enrollment courses is the same as if you had taken that class on Columbus State's campus. All TAG courses approved through the Ohio Board of Regent's Articulation and Transfer Policy will be accepted at all of Ohio's public colleges and universities. However, if you are transferring out of state or to a private institution it is important to note that it is up to the receiving institution as to how they will transfer in credit and apply it towards your degree program. You are encouraged to check with your transfer institution regarding transferring in your CSCC credits.

How do I request an official college transcript for my CSCC course work?

Once your high school course is completed and grades have been submitted by your high school teacher, you can request an official transcript from the Columbus State Records and Registration Office. This request must be done in writing. Transcript request forms can be found on the Columbus State website at by typing in "transcript request" in the search bar or at the Cashier's Office in Rhodes Hall. Official transcripts are $2.00 each if mailed and $15.00 each for same-day pick-up.

Who do I contact at Columbus State if I have more questions about the Dual Enrollment program?

Students who have questions should call 614.287.5961 or send email to