The Columbus Campus is closed: More
Where Do I Park?
Employee parking lots are designated by blue “Employee Parking” signs (1-E, 7-E). If no employee spaces are available, employees are permitted to park in student lots. Employees may not park at visitor meters.
Parking Permit Display
Employees will be issued one parking permit which is transferable between vehicles (if you drive more than one vehicle on a regular basis, your primary car is being serviced, you drive a rental car, etc.). Permits must be displayed in plain view in the front windshield one of three ways:
1. DRIVER’S SIDE, permanently affixed.
2. DRIVER’S SIDE, displayed with a suction cup permit holder.
3. AFFIXED to a hang tag permit holder facing the front windshield.
Employee Parking hang tag or suction cup style permit holders may be purchased at the DX Bookstore.
Temporary Employee Hangtags
If you forget to transfer your permit and/or drive a different vehicle, you may obtain a temporary hang tag permit from the Parking Office at 407 North Grant Avenue in the Facilities Management building between 8 am – 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday. At the Delaware Campus, the police personnel will provide you with a temporary hang tag permit.
NOTE: Employees may not use visitor permits or park at meters designated for visitor parking.
New Hires – Parking Permit Information
Human Resources gives new employees a New Employee Parking and Identification Card Request Form.
- Complete the top portion of the New Employee Parking and Identification Card Request Form with your name and vehicle information.
- Take the form to Student Central in Madison Hall to get your Cougar ID and a temporary parking permit. Student Central will keep your form and forward it to the Parking Office for processing.
- Promptly display the temporary parking permit in your vehicle by hanging it from your rear view mirror with the expiration date facing out the front windshield. If you cannot hang it, then place it face up on the front dash of your car, driver's side, in plain view.
- On the Delaware Campus – The Police personnel will make your Cougar ID, provide you with a temporary parking permit, and forward your form to the Parking Office.
- Click HERE to apply for your parking permit
- Go to the Parking Office at 407 North Grant Avenue in Facilities Management to request a temporary hang tag permit to use until you receive your parking permit via Campus Mail to your department. You will need to present your Cougar ID or driver’s license to obtain a temporary parking permit.
How To Get A Replacement Permit
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them that your permit was lost or destroyed and you need a replacement permit. When possible, provide the old permit (or pieces of it) to the Parking Office.
- You will be sent a replacement parking permit application to complete and return to the Parking Office for a replacement permit to be issued.
- Go to the Parking Office and request a temporary hang tag permit to use until you receive your replacement permit.
NOTE: Replaced permits are deactivated. The use of lost or stolen parking permits may result in a parking citation.