The Columbus Campus is closed: More
New Hires – Parking Permit Information
Human Resources gives new employees a New Employee Parking and Identification Card Request Form.
1. Take the New Employee Parking and Identification Card Request Form to Student Central in the lower level of Madison Hall to get your Cougar ID. They should sign the form and then return it to you.
2. Complete the vehicle information on the top of the form and take it to the Parking Office at 407 North Grant Avenue in the Facilities Management building – to drop it off and request a temporary hang tag parking permit to use until your parking permit is received.
3. Your parking permit will be sent to you via Campus Mail and should be immediately
displayed in your vehicle.
On the Delaware Campus, you may get your Cougar ID and temporary hang tag parking permit at the Police Department Office in the Delaware Campus Administration Building. Turn in your completed form there and they will forward it to the Parking Office for your parking permit to be issued and sent to you via Campus Mail.
Click “HERE” to apply for your parking permit
Go to the Parking Office at 407 North Grant Avenue in Facilities Management to request a temporary hang tag permit to use until you receive your parking permit. You will need to present your Cougar ID or driver’s license to obtain a temporary parking permit.
How To Get A Replacement Permit
1. Email firstname.lastname@example.org and inform them that your permit was lost or destroyed and you need a replacement permit. You will be sent a replacement permit application to complete and return to the Parking Office for a replacement permit to be issued.
2. Go to the Parking Office and request a temporary hang tag permit to use until you receive your replacement permit.
3. When possible, the old employee parking permit (or pieces of it) should be turned in to the Parking Office or to the Campus Police Office on the Delaware Campus in an envelope addressed to parking.
NOTE: Replaced permits are deactivated. The use of lost or stolen permits may result in a parking citation.
Where Do I Park?
Employee parking lots are designated by blue “Employee Parking” signs (1-E, 7-E). If no employee spaces are available, employees are permitted to park in student lots. Employees may not park at visitor meters.
Parking Permit Display
Permits must be clearly displayed in the front windshield one of three ways:
1. DRIVER’S SIDE, permanently affixed.
2. DRIVER’S SIDE, displayed with a suction cup permit holder.
3. AFFIXED to a hang tag permit holder facing the front windshield.
Permits are transferable between vehicles but must be clearly displayed as stated above. If you use a permit holder, you may transfer the permit between vehicles (i.e. if you drive more than one vehicle on a regular basis, if your primary vehicle is being serviced, you will be driving a loaner or rental car, etc.).
Employee permit holders for easy transfer between vehicles are available for sale in the CSCC Discovery Exchange (DX) Bookstore.
Temporary Employee Hangtags
If you do not have your vehicle with the valid employee parking permit displayed (i.e. you drive a different car and your employee parking permit is permanently affixed in your primary vehicle, you forget to transfer your employee parking permit to the car you are driving to campus, etc.), you will need to get a temporary hangtag to park on campus. To obtain a temporary hangtag take your Cougar ID Card to:
- The Parking Office on the Columbus Campus
- The Police Department Office on the Delaware Campus
NOTE: Employees may not use visitor permits or park at meters designated for visitor parking.