The Columbus Campus is closed: More
What is Women's Connection?
Women's Connection focuses on fostering character building, leadership development as well as personal, intellectual and relational growth of participants. Opportunities are provided for students to network and build relationships with their peers and employee mentors. Participants engage in visible activities on campus and the Columbus community while accessing resources to make strategic decisions about their future.
Who is eligible to participate in Women's Connection?
Any student currently enrolled in classes at Columbus State and identifies as "female" is eligible to participate in Women's Connection. For the inaugural semester there are 30 available slots. Students are accepted into the program on a first come first serve basis after completing an application with the Department of Global Diversity and Inclusion. After the 30 spots have been filled, additional applicant will be placed on a waiting list, and notified when space is available.
What are the benefits of Women's Connection?
• Networking and connection building
• Leadership development
• Core Group- supportive monthly discussions on topics relevant to female college
• Activities- planned throughout the year for participants to connect and have fun
• Women's Her-story Leadership Awards Reception
• Graduation success planning
What is required of Women's Connection participants?
• Completion of all required paperwork
• Participation in an orientation session
• Participation in academic advising and graduation plan
• Attendance at a monthly Core Group discussions
• Service/ attendance at Special Events:
o Annual Women's Her-story Leadership Awards reception in March 2015
o Women's Her-story Summit Day in March 2015
Click here to complete the online Women's Connection member application. Physical applications are available in the Diversity Services Office in Franklin Hall Suite 223.
Click here if you would like to serve as a faculty or staff mentor for Women's Connection.
For more information about Women's Connection, please contact Sarah A. Baker, Specialist of Diversity Services, at email@example.com or 614.287.2861