Dublin classes resumed at 3:30 p.m., following a power outage. More
What is M.A.N. Initiative?
The Male Access Network (M.A.N.) Initiative is a student engagement program offered by the Global Diversity and Inclusion Center (GDIC) with an emphasis on character-building and leadership development. This program is intended for male-identified students at Columbus State who are interested in getting involved on-campus, connecting with other Columbus State men, and receiving mentorship opportunities. Participants may also be eligible for a scholarship in the Autumn and Spring semesters.
Who is eligible to participate in M.A.N. Initiative?
Any student who is currently enrolled in classes at Columbus State and identifies as "male" is eligible to participate in M.A.N. Initiative. There are 50 available slots each school year. Students are accepted into the program on a first come, first serve basis after completing an application with the Global Diversity and Inclusion Center. After the 50 spots have been filled, additional applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
What are the benefits of participating in M.A.N. Initiative?
- $250 Scholarship per semester
- Mentorship Opportunities
- Barbershops – supportive monthly discussions on topics relevant to male college students
- MANventures – activities planned throughout the year for participants to connect and have fun
- Special Events – campus wide events directly related to the mission & values of M.A.N. Initiative
- Graduation Plan
- Leadership Development
What is required of M.A.N. Initiative Participants?
• Completed application (see below)
• Participation in an Orientation session
• Participation in academic advising and a
• Attendance at monthly Barbershop
• Service/attendance at Special Events:
o Collegiate Leadership
Conference of Ohio
(C.L.C.O) in November
o Annual Brother's Keeper Panel Town
Hall Meeting in February
o Annual Men of the Year Awards
Reception in May
*Failure to meet program expectations will result in your revocation and/or non-renewal of your scholarship and membership in the program.
What is required of M.A.N. Initiative Mentors?
- Meet with mentee(s) at least twice a month
- Attend mentor info session at beginning of autumn or spring semester
- Communicate concerns and challenges with GDIC Staff
- Participate in mentor support meetings and special events as schedule permits
APPLY TO BE A MAN INITIATIVE PARTICIPANT or MAN INITIATIVE MENTOR FOR 2016-2017
If you are interested in being a 2016-2017 MAN Initiative participant, please submit an electronic application by clicking here. Physical applications are available in the GDIC office located in Franklin Hall Room 223.
If you are interested in being a 2016-2017 MAN Initiative mentor, please submit an electronic application by clicking here. Physical applications are available in the GDIC office located in Franklin Hall Room 223.
For additional information, please email Brett Welsh, Director of Global Diversity and Inclusion, at firstname.lastname@example.org.Thank you for your interest.
2014 MAN of the Year Awards 2014 CLCO Conference
For more photos of MAN Initiative and other GDIC events, click here.