CougarWeb is temporarily unavailable. More
Welcome to Columbus State Community College, we are excited you have decided to join us. As a new Cougar, it is recommended you attend our New Student Orientation which is designed to help ease the transition from high school to college as well as prepare parents and families for their student's new journey. Orientation provides students and families with information on the services CSCC has to offer. In addition, students will be able to participate in a group advising session and register for their first semester of classes.
Spread the News
Share your first steps at CSCC with your family members and celebrate your accomplishment! While you’re at it, let your friends know by tagging a photo of yourself with your First Steps postcard to Twitter, Instagram, Facebook or your favorite social media site using #CSCC1st.
Make sure to follow us on Twitter and Instagram! @CSCCOrientation
What is Orientation?
New Student Orientation at Columbus State Community College equips students with the tools necessary to achieve their goals. Through orientation students experience first term advising, proactive financial aid education, and exposure to campus resources. Students will leave orientation feeling a connection to the Columbus State community prepared to begin their academic journey.
Students who attend orientation will:
- Make valuable connections with peers, student leaders and campus staff.
- Discover Columbus State's academic support services and degree programs.
- Learn how to select and register for classes—leaving campus with first semester schedule in hand!
- Learn how to navigate the responsibilities of college (e.g., college academics, financial obligations, personal development).
- Explore opportunities to get involved in student clubs and organizations.
- Become energized and excited about being a Columbus State Cougar!
Center for Advising, Support, and Exploration (C.A.S.E.)
Aquinas Hall 116