Skip to main content
Go! Register for Autumn Semester today!

Transfer Credit

Transferring Military Credits: To receive college credit for your service, request that a Joint Service Transcript be sent to us. Find more information on submitting a transcript.

Our transcript evaluators generally award generic college credit for military service, although you can contact the academic department to apply for credit toward specific courses. For example, you could be awarded general credit in Computer Information Technology, but contact the Computer Information Technology department to get credit for CIT 215. List of department homepages.


Ohio Transfer to a Degree Guarantee

 If you have served in the U.S. Armed Forces or National Guard, your training and experience may translate to college credit. All training and experience must first be recognized by the American Council on Education or a regional accrediting body, such as the Higher Learning Commission, in order to be eligible to earn college credit.

To find out how your military service counts toward a degree, contact the Military Credit Coordinator at the university or community college you are planning to attend

Joint Services Trancript

JST Log In


 JST is the Joint Services Transcript that has replaced the Coast Guard Institute Transcript, the Army/American Council on Education Registry Transcript System (AARTS) and the Sailor/Marine American Council on Education Registry Transcript (SMART). JST is an academically accepted document approved by the American Council on Education (ACE) to validate a service member's military occupational experience and training along with the corresponding ACE college credit recommendations.

University of Maryland University College
Request by phone, fax, or online:
Phone: 1-877-275-8682 (Toll Free)
Fax: 1-301-985-7534

Credit for Life Experience (N-Credit)

In some cases, adult learners can receive college credit for prior life experience. Typically, adult learners prepare a portfolio of their life experiences with the help of a subject specialist from Columbus State. Learn more


American Council of Education (ACE) Military Transfer Credit Guide

Guide to the Evaluation of Educational Experiences in the Armed Services

ACE's Military Guide presents credit recommendations for formal courses and occupations offered by all branches of the military.

All recommendations are based on ACE reviews conducted by college and university faculty members who are actively teaching in the areas they review.

You can search for courses and occupations using:

ACE identification number
Military course number
Military course title
Training location
Dates completed
Subject and level

New courses and occupations are continually being evaluated by ACE, and these entries are added on a daily basis.

The Military Guide includes all evaluated courses and occupations from 1954 to the present and is updated daily at 0200 ET.

ACE Military Transfer Credit Tool