Arts & Sciences Learning Communities
Find the “Community” in Columbus State Community College.
- LC 1: ENGL 1100-097 MW 11:00 a.m.-12:20 p.m. & COLS 1100-003 W 8:00-9:40 a.m.
- LC 2: ENGL 2367-059 MW 9:30-10:50 a.m. & SOC 1101-022 TTH 9:30-10:50 a.m.
- LC 3: PSYCH 1100-029 MWF 11:00-11:50 a.m. & COLS 1100-009 M 12:00-1:40 p.m.
- LC 4: PSYCH 1100-031 TTH 9:30-10:50 a.m. & ENGL 2367 -014 TTH 11:00 a.m.-12:20 p.m.
- LC 5: MATH 1075-004 MWF 10:00-11:45 a.m. & ENGL 2367 – 006 MWF 1:00 – 1:50 p.m.
At Columbus State, going to college doesn't have to mean "going it alone." As a new
student, there's a lot to learn and much to navigate, and we're here to make your
transition smoother with resources and support that are simply... beyond measure.
One of the best ways to get a great college start is by joining a Learning Community.
A Learning Community is a group of students who are taking at least two of the same
courses* together during their first semester. Benefits include:
- Forming connections with fellow students who are also new to Columbus State.
- Working closely with faculty, staff and the campus community.
- Receiving additional academic support through study groups, advising sessions, peer
mentors, and weekly faculty meetings.
Don't go it alone – join a Learning Community and start college with a network of
To register, contact Janet McDermott at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-287-5023.