Westerville classes canceled until 2 p.m. due to a power outage.
Returning or previously accepted students, click here for next step instructions.
New applicants, who have never applied to Columbus State in the past, with permanent residency, please follow the instructions below:
1. Complete the Columbus State Community College application for admission online
by clicking here.
2. Submit in person or mail a photocopy of the documentation verifying immigration status in the United States (Green Card, I-94, stamp on passport, etc.) to the Admission Office located in Student Central in Madison Hall.
3. If English is not your first language, complete the English as a Second Language placement test. Students with transfer credit in college-level English and Math may be exempt from taking the tests. Click here for more information about sending your official college transcripts. If you have completed ACT, CLEP, or AP, click here for more information about exemptions from placement testing.
4. Check the Get Started Guide for more information about next steps such as applying for financial aid, registration and fee payment.
5. We recommend that you submit your foreign transcript to a professional foreign transcript evaluation service in the United States if you wish to pursue the possibility of receiving transfer credit".
6. Beginning on February 1st, 2017, Columbus State Community College will require applicants who have completed HIGH SCHOOL outside of the United States to use a credential evaluation agency to obtain a document-by-document evaluation showing equivalency to U.S. high school completion. This evaluation must be obtained from agencies holding current memberships with NACES (National Association of Credential Evaluation Services). For a list of NACES current members, please visit: http://www.naces.org/members.htm. Columbus State Community College works closely with World Education Service, Inc. (http://www.wes.org/) and Educational Credential Evaluators, Inc. (https://www.ece.org/ ). For more information concerning which documents you need to submit in order to obtain an appropriate evaluation please contact the NACES member evaluation agency of your choice. As the credential evaluation process can take several weeks to complete, we strongly encourage students to begin the process as early as possible. Academic documents submitted by the student to CSCC will not be accepted nor can they be returned to the sender or student.
For more information:
Columbus State Community College
Student Central Admissions
Madison Hall - Lower Level
518 East Spring Street
Columbus OH 43215
- International Student Services
- Admission Deadlines & Requirements
- F1 Admission
- F1 Current Students
- Transient Students
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- Other nonimmigrant (not-F1) visa holders
- Foreign Secondary Education Credential Submission
- Permanent Residents
- Maps & Directions
- ESL Placement Testing
- Diversity Services
- Helpful Links