Because of a partial power outage, Columbus Campus classes in the following areas are canceled for today: Anthropology, Criminology, Economics, Geography, Political Science, Psychology, Sociology. More
F-1 International Student Admission Requirements
- Complete the online application for International Students: http://cscc.edu/admissions/apply.shtml
Note: When completing the online application please be sure to indicate that your actual/intended immigration status in the United States is Visa Holder and your Visa type is F1- Nonimmigrant student
- Immigration documents: Submit a photocopy of the picture page of your passport. If available please also submit a copy of your U.S. visa stamp, a print out of your I-94 record from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/ and pages 1 and 2 of your current SEVIS I-20 or other status showing document.
- High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and Transcripts*: Submit original or certified copies of the record in the original language showing completion of the level of education required for entrance to a university in your country. Submit original or certified copies of the official transcripts and/or examination results issued by the high school/examination board. Photocopies or facsimiles may be submitted in addition to the originals if requesting to have originals returned. The international office reserves the right to require the submission of certified translations or evaluations of any or all documents. All documents submitted to Columbus State will not be returned.
- College Transcripts:
U.S. College or University: To be submitted only by F-1 students requesting transfer to Columbus State Community College (CSCC) from another SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor’s Information System) approved U.S. College, university, high school or English language program in the United States.
Foreign College Records: If you would like to request transfer credit for courses completed, please have transcripts sent to our Records and Registration Department. Original or certified copies of the original in the original language and English translations of the records are required.
Please note: Columbus State Community College has limited resources to evaluate foreign transcripts and may not be able to determine equivalent course and grade credit for your previous college experience. We recommend that you submit your foreign transcript to a professional foreign transcript evaluation service in the United States if you wish to pursue the possibility of receiving transfer credit.- Proof of English Language Proficiency: If English is not your native language, English proficiency admission requirement may be satisfied through one of the following:
- ACT (American College Test): Minimum English score of 18 or higher
- SAT Evidence-Based Reading & Writing score of 490 or higher
- AP (Advanced Placement Exam): English Composition and Literature test score of 3 or higher
- CSCC Placement test:(If currently in the U.S) Placement into ESL 0190
- Transfer credit in College-level English with a grade of “C” or better from an accredited U.S. college or university.
Please note: Due to changes in the legal requirement s for international F-1 students we are currently unable to use TOEFL or IELTS scores for F-1 admission. Interested applicants must fulfill one of the English language proficiency requirements listed above. Student who place in ESL 188 or ESL 189 can not be admitted as international F-1 student. Testing may be waived if you have earned a degree from an accredited U.S. college/university or have completed a college level English Composition course with a grade of “C” or above from an accredited college/university within the U.S.
- Official Supporting Evidence of Financial Resources: International students are required to show available funds equivalent to $24,961 USD with additional funds required if the student has or will have any F-2 dependents. An original letter on official stationery or account statement from a bank or other financial institution in which the sponsor has saving deposits or types of accounts containing readily available funds, providing (1) the name of the account holder, and (2) specific amount of funds in the accounts. Names listed as account holder on Bank Statement must match names and signatures on Affidavit of Financial Support form. The statement must be written in English, signed and sealed by the appropriate bank or government official. This information must be dated within 4 months of the intended date of enrollment. Please check the Affidavit of Financial Support form for the estimated annual expense for international student and dependent(s). No business account will be accepted unless proof of business ownership.
- Affidavit of Financial Support from Sponsor(s): Completed and signed by prospective student and sponsor(s). Name(s) of sponsor must match those on Bank Statement(s).
Once documents are submitted to CSCC, they will not be returned
Copies of documents can be emailed directly to email@example.com
- International Student Services
- Admission Deadlines & Requirements
- F1 Admission
- F1 Current Students
- Transient Students
- Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals
- Other Nonimmigrant (not-F1) Visa Holders
- Foreign Secondary Education Credential Submission
- Immigrant Students
- Maps & Directions
- ESL Placement Testing
- Diversity Services
- Helpful Links
Madison Hall , Lower Level
518 E. Spring St.
Columbus, Ohio 43215-9965
United States of America
General Office Hours
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am to 5:00 pm
Friday: 10:00 am to 4:30 pm
9:00 am to 11:30 am and 1:00 pm to 4:00 pm Monday - Thursday
Telephone: (614) 287-2074
FAX : (614) 287-6019