CougarWeb is temporarily unavailable. More
F-1 International Student Admission Requirements
- Complete the online application for International Students: http://cscc.edu/admissions/apply.shtml
- Immigration documents: Submit a photocopy of the picture page of your passport. If available please also submit a copy of your U.S. visa stamp, a print out of your I-94 record from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/ and pages 1 and 2 of your current SEVIS I-20 or other status showing document.
- High School Diploma (or Equivalent) and Transcripts*: Submit original or certified copies of the record in the original language showing completion of the level of education required for entrance to a university in your country. Submit original or certified copies of the official transcripts and/or examination results issued by the high school/examination board. Photocopies or facsimiles may be submitted in addition to the originals if requesting to have originals returned. The international office reserves the right to require the submission of certified translations or evaluations of any or all documents. All documents submitted to Columbus State will not be returned.
- College Transcripts:
U.S. College or University: To be submitted only by F-1 students requesting transfer to Columbus State Community College (CSCC) from another SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor’s Information System) approved U.S. College, university, high school or English language program in the United States.
Foreign College Records: If you would like to request transfer credit for courses completed, please have transcripts sent to our Records and Registration Department. Original or certified copies of the original in the original language and English translations of the records are required.
Please note: Columbus State Community College has limited resources to evaluate foreign transcripts and may not be able to determine equivalent course and grade credit for your previous college experience. We recommend that you submit your foreign transcript to a professional foreign transcript evaluation service in the United States if you wish to pursue the possibility of receiving transfer credit.
- F-1 Transfer Report
To be submitted only by F-1 students requesting transfer to Columbus State Community College (CSCC) from another SEVIS (Student and Exchange Visitor’s Information System) approved U.S. college, university, high school or English language program in the United States.
- Proof of English Language Proficiency: If English is not your native language, English proficiency admission requirement may be satisfied through one of the following:
- TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language) (CSCC TOEFL institution code is 1148.) Paper-based Test (PBT: minimum score of 500) Internet-Based Test (iBT: minimum total score of 61 AND no score below 18 on both reading and writing sections)
- IELTS (International English Language Testing System): Minimum score of 6.0.
- ACT (American College Test): Minimum English score of 18 or higher
- AP (Advanced Placement Exam): English Composition and Literature test score of 3 or higher
- CSCC Institutional COMPASS Placement test:(If currently in the U.S) Placement into ESL 0188
- Transfer credit in College-level English with a grade of “C” or better from an accredited U.S. college or university.
Please note: Test results must not be more than two years old. Testing may be waived if you have earned a degree from an accredited U.S. college/university or have completed a college level English Composition course with a grade of “C” or above from an accredited college/university within the U.S.
- Official Supporting Evidence of Financial Resources:An original letter on official stationery or account statement from a bank or other financial institution in which the sponsor has saving deposits or types of accounts containing readily available funds, providing (1) the name of the account holder, and (2) specific amount of funds in the accounts. Names listed as account holder on Bank Statement must match names and signatures on Affidavit of Financial Support form. The statement must be written in English, signed and sealed by the appropriate bank or government official. This information must be dated within 4 months of the intended date of enrollment. Please check the Affidavit of Financial Support form for the estimated annual expense for international student and dependent(s). No business account will be accepted unless proof of business ownership
- Affidavit of Financial Support from Sponsor(s): Completed and signed by prospective student and sponsor(s). Name(s) of sponsor must match those on Bank Statement(s).
Once documents are submitted to CSCC, they will not be returned
Copies of documents can be emailed directly to firstname.lastname@example.org
Columbus State Community College
International Enrollment Services
Madison Hall, Room 109
550 East Spring St.
P.O. BOX 1609
Columbus, Ohio 43215-9965
Telephone: (614) 287-2074
FAX : (614) 287-6019