Westerville classes canceled until 2 p.m. due to a power outage.
Developmental Mathematics Learning Skills Center
Note: Students must begin tests at least one hour prior to the closing time of the Testing Center. Students must begin the Final Exam at least two hours prior to the closing time of the Testing Center.
The Learning Skills Center (LSC) is open to all students in developmental mathematics courses. Services available to students are:
- Instructors/tutors to help you with "drop-in" questions.
- Computer-related instruction.
- Video tapes of math lectures to view in the LSC.
Tutoring Resources: Peer Tutoring Services
We offer free peer tutoring services for students taking mathematics courses in the Developmental Education Department. These services are designed to help students succeed with their courses. Applications for a peer tutor are available in Workforce Development, room 1095, or you can call (614) 287-2474.
TEXTBOOK, MANUALS, REFERENCES, AND OTHER READINGS:
ALEKS online homework/assessment system
You may come to the LSC to make test corrections or for extra help if your classroom instructor is not available. Your time will be more profitably spent if you come in with specific questions or problem numbers written down.
The Learning Skills Center can only help you if you make an effort with the materials first. It cannot be used in place of doing homework or attending class. These services and facilities are available only to students who are actively participating in the class.
- You must present a photo-bearing ID to borrow a calculator, textbook, or video. Materials must remain in the LSC.
- No test or quiz is to leave the LSC.
- You must follow the instructions of the instructors and/or lab assistants.
- Developmental Education Department
- Academic Advisor
- Faculty & Staff Directory
- Student Development - COLS 1101
- DevEd Mathematics Courses
- DevEd Reading & Writing Courses
- Web and Blended Courses
- Block Program
- Learning Communities
- Peer Tutoring
- Mathematics Learning Skills Center
- Reading & Writing Center
- Our Brochure
Department of Developmental Education
Aquinas Hall 215
Columbus State Community College
550 East Spring Street
Columbus, Ohio 43216
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.