Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Job Ready Ohio
JobReady: About the Program
The JobReady Internships and Co-Ops for Ohio Industry program (JobReady) was originally funded by a $1.5+MM grant awarded by the Ohio Board of Regents' (OBOR) Ohio Means Internships and Co-Ops program and continued through an extension and new funding in 2014. JobReady funds are being used to create new internships and co-ops across Ohio for students who are enrolled at The Ohio State University, Columbus State Community College or North Central State College. Internships and co-ops are in JobsOhio target industries – automotive, energy, financial services, and food processing. Employers in these industries may offer internships more than one functional area in the workplace.
All Ohio State campuses, Columbus State Community College, and North Central State College have partnered with private-sector employers to develop a program proposal, whose key elements are:
- creating new paid, credit-bearing internships/co-ops;
- delivering modules that address employer-identified gaps between the classroom and the workplace; and
- providing for cross-institution career services.
- creating a culture of experiential learning on campus
OBOR's Ohio Means Internships and Co-Ops funding comes from casino license fees and is specifically for this purpose. Funding was awarded by OBOR to 10 community colleges and 13 public or private universities across the state and is projected to create up to 3,496 co-op and internship positions.
Interested in participating as a student in the JobReady program? To be eligible to apply for a JobReady position, a candidate must be:
- Currently enrolled in classes at any Ohio State University campus, Columbus State Community College, or North Central State College.
- Working toward an undergraduate (associate or bachelor) degree.
To be eligible to accept an offer for a JobReady position, a candidate must:
- Commit to completing JobReady training modules before or during the initial weeks of the internship.
- Secure enrollment in an academic internship course at their home institution.
- Perform the tasks and responsibilities of the position within the state of Ohio.
Columbus State Community College students will have access to many of these internship openings. As they are posted to the OhioMeansInternships.com, they will be up on our internship job board. These positions will be available by going to OhioMeansInternships.com and searching "Job Ready" in the item subject line.