The Columbus Campus is closed: More
Do you want to know more about how to get accepted into the Veterinary Technology program at Columbus State? Do you understand the criteria for acceptance into the Veterinary Technology? These questions and more will be answered at upcoming Mandatory Information Sessions for Pre-Veterinary Technology Students at Columbus State. The session will include: admission criteria and curriculum, application procedures, how to best plan for courses prior to admission and opportunities in the Veterinary Technology profession.
Veterinary Technology Information Session DATES, TIMES & LOCATIONS:
|Friday, November 18||1 PM to 4 PM||VT Building, Room 122|
|Saturday, November 19||10 AM to 1 PM||VT Building, Room 122|
|Thursday, December 15||1 PM to 4 PM||VT Building, Room 114|
|Saturday, January 7, 2017||10 AM to 1 PM||VT Building, Room 122|
|Tuesday, January 10, 2017||1 PM to 4 PM||VT Building, Room 122|
It is important that you attempt to attend one of these sessions to make sure you meet all the criteria by the January 23, 2017, admissions deadline! Please note that we may hold more sessions in December and/or January of 2017!
Please note that a Veterinary Technology Information Session IS REQUIRED as part of the admission criteria. Students must attend an information session to receive an application to the program. This applies to all new applicants, including those who have already declared a Veterinary Technology major with Records and Registration. Previous applicants who have never returned an application card must also attend.
All interested students must register before attending a session! Seats are limited to 20 participants per session. You are allowed to bring one (1) guest with you to the session. You must declare your guest at the time of registration.
Mandatory Information Sessions will be offered each semester. However, you must attend a session prior to January 23, 2017 to be eligible for our program that begins in Autumn Semester 2017.
You are strongly encouraged to meet with a Health and Human Services Advisor to ensure you complete all criteria by the deadline. They can be contacted by phone at 614-287-2779, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop by their office in Union Hall, Room 477.
Listed below are additional requirements for admission to the Veterinary Technology:
- High school graduate or GED equivalency.
- ACT Science score of 22, an SAT Composite score of 980, or official transcripts with qualifying science college credit. If the preceding requirements cannot be met, the student will be required to take the Accuplacer Science Placement Test.
- Placement into ENGL 1100 - Beginning Composition, or completion of ENGL 0190 with a grade of "C" or better.
- Placement into “No Reading Required” (students with college transfer credit for ENGL 1100 are not required to take the reading portion of the placement test).
- Placement into STAT 1350, Introduction to Elementary Statistics, or completion of MATH 1030, MATH 1025 or equivalent with a grade of “C” or above
- Grade point average of 2.5 or better (in recently completed coursework).
- Attend a Veterinary Technology Mandatory Information Session (Applicants will receive a separate admission application for the Veterinary Technology Program at these sessions. Applicants will not be considered for admission until an information session has been attended).
Upon provisional acceptance into the Veterinary Technology, the student will be required to complete the following Health Requirements:
- Complete a Health Statement declaring all allergies, medications, and physical limitations or restrictions.
- Declaration that the student meets the Essential Health Standards set by the program. (more information will be distributed at the Mandatory Information Session)
- Tuberculin Testing (Mantoux) within the past year.
- Tetanus Booster (TDaP) within the past eight years.
- The student must obtain health insurance coverage and keep the coverage on a continual basis while attending CSCC as a Veterinary Technology student.
- Rabies vaccination or signed waiver.
- Drug Test and Background Check