Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Prospective students are required to attend an information session where they will receive the separate admission application for the Veterinary Technology Program. Detailed admission criteria, plans of study and career opportunities are also discussed.
|Friday, September 19, 2014||10 AM to 1 PM||VT Building, Room 122|
|Thursday, October 23, 2014||4 PM to 7 PM||VT Building, Room 114|
|Friday, October 24, 2014||9 AM to 12 PM||VT Building, Room 122|
|Saturday, November 15, 2014||10 AM to 1 PM||VT Building, Room 122|
|Friday, December 5, 2014||9 AM to 12 PM||VT Building, Room 122|
|Thursday, December 11, 2014||4 PM to 7 PM||VT Building, Room 114|
To REGISTER for a Mandatory Information Session, please call the registration voicemail at 614-287-2738(APET). This is a voice mail only and you will be prompted to leave your complete name, student ID number and phone number, as well as the session date you want to attend. You will not receive a confirmation call confirming the date you registered to attend.
The yearly deadline for application and completion of admission requirements is Jan. 23 for admission beginning the following Autumn Semester. Students must meet all admission requirements before being considered for admission into the Veterinary Technology.
Listed below are additional requirements for admission to the Veterinary Technology:
- High school graduate or GED equivalency.
- Required high school (or equivalent) courses:
Biology, grade of "C" or better within the past five years, or BIO 0100 or 1100, grade of “C” or better.
Chemistry, grade of “C” or better within the past three years, or CHEM 0100, grade of “C” or better.
- Placement into ENGL 1100 - Beginning Composition or completion of ENGL 0190 with a grade of "C" or better.
- Placement into “No Reading Required” (students with college transfer credit for ENGL 1100 are not required to take the reading portion of the placement test).
- Placement into MATH 1030 - Beginning Algebra II with a grade of “C” or better.
- Grade point average of 2.5 or better (most recently completed coursework).
- Attend a Veterinary Technology Mandatory Information Session (Applicants will receive a separate admission application for the Veterinary Technology Program at these sessions. Applicants will not be considered for admission until an information session has been attended).
Upon acceptance into the Veterinary Technology, the student will be required to complete the following Health Requirements:
- Complete a Health Statement declaring all allergies, medications, and physical limitations or restrictions.
- Tuberculin Testing (Mantoux) within the past year.
- Tetanus Booster (Td) within the past eight years.
- The student must obtain health insurance coverage and keep the coverage on a continual basis while attending CSCC as a Veterinary Technology student.
- Rabies vaccination or signed waiver.
- Drug Test and Background Check