LOCATION CHANGE: Taste the Future, Tuesday, Aug. 16, has been moved to the Columbus State parking garage on Washington Avenue.
Peter Karim Sesay
Assistant Professor of Sociology
339 Center for Technology and Learning
SOC 1101: Introduction to Sociology
SOC 1500: Introduction to Rural Sociology
SOC 2202: Social Problems
B.A. in Sociology/Environmental Science, University of Botswana
M.A. in International Development, Ohio University
Ph.D. in Rural Sociology, The Ohio State University
Research and other Interests
- Rural social institutions - economic and political structures of rural communities
- Peace, war and social conflict – the long term impact of conflict on social institutions
- Social capital - has to do with the connections among people in society. It includes social networks, community, civic participation, social trust, identity and sense of belonging.
- Environment and technology – impact of rapid technological change on the natural environment
- I also love playing tennis and hanging out with my Budgerigar parakeet called “Africa”