ATTENTION: Westerville Center closed until 2 p.m. More.
Peter Karim Sesay
Assistant Professor of Sociology
339 Center for Technology and Learning
SOC 1101: Introduction to Sociology
SOC 1500: Introduction to Rural Sociology
SOC 2202: Social Problems
B.A. in Sociology/Environmental Science, University of Botswana
M.A. in International Development, Ohio University
Ph.D. in Rural Sociology, The Ohio State University
Research and other Interests
- Rural social institutions - economic and political structures of rural communities
- Peace, war and social conflict – the long term impact of conflict on social institutions
- Social capital - has to do with the connections among people in society. It includes social networks, community, civic participation, social trust, identity and sense of belonging.
- Environment and technology – impact of rapid technological change on the natural environment
- I also love playing tennis and hanging out with my Budgerigar parakeet called “Africa”