Westerville classes canceled until 2 p.m. due to a power outage.
Future Scientists Scholarship Program – Full Tuition for CSCC STEM Students
If you are a graduating senior interested in the fields of science, technology, engineering, math or medicine, you may be able to attend Columbus State tuition-free with the Future Scientists of Ohio Scholarship and complete the first two years of your bachelor's degree with no college debt!
Who it's for: Students who plan to get an Associate of Science degree in the Science, Technology, Engineering, Math and Medical fields and who plan to complete a Bachelor of Science degree in science, mathematics or engineering at any four-year university.
2017 High School Graduates
Scholarship Eligibility Requirements
Application Deadline: April 1, 2017
- Be accepted to Columbus State Community College (Continue to college application).
- Completed the Free Application for Federal Student Aid, or FAFSA (Click Here for FAFSA website)
- Students must plan to attend the STEM Summer Bridge program in order to be eligible to receive the scholarship. Summer Bridge Program info
- Take the Placement Test and successfully place into Math 1149 and English 1100. (or equivalent placement by ACT/SAT scores)
- Have a high school GPA of at least a B for all academic courses.
- Have a composite ACT score of 24 or higher, or an SAT score of 1200
- Write an essay that explains (a) why the student wants to be part of this program, (b) why the student should be chosen for this program, (c) how the student’s future goals would be enhanced by participation in this program.
- Provide a letter of recommendation from a science or mathematics teacher that refers to the student’s abilities in science and a science laboratory, the likelihood of success in completing an academic degree in science, technology, engineering or mathematics, the willingness to work both independently and cooperatively in team projects, and the willingness to accept personal responsibility for his or her academic success. The letter must be on a school's letterhead and include contact information for the letter-writer (phone and e-mail).
- Candidates must be incoming students. This scholarship is not open to people who already have a college degree. It is not open to current students with 20 hours of college credit or more, unless they earned the credits through a College Credit Plus program.
- Must be an Ohio resident.
- Students accepted into the program must plan to attend STEM Club meetings throughout the year (meetings are held every other Friday at 1pm).
- Applications must be complete, with all information received before the deadline.
Please submit letter of recommendation to Laura Shady either via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or by mailing it to Nestor Hall, room 432. 550 East Spring St. Columbus OH 43215