Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Student Nurses Association
Student Nurses Association Mission Statement
To help develop the whole person, her/his professional role and responsibility for health care of people in all walks of life. To influence health care, to promote and encourage participation in community affairs.
The organization has done many community activities this year: the giving tree-collecting gloves, mittens, socks, and hats for children's services, adopting a family for the holiday, candy fundraising project, donation of food, clothing and toiletries to Faith Mission. We have many new members and welcome all nursing students.
Our current project is back to school donations for Columbus-area school children. Our next project for fall will be collecting winter outerwear for area children.
All nursing students are welcome to attend the CSSNA meetings. If you are interested in becoming an official member, please contact Carol Beneker at 287-5156.
Meetings times and places will be posted on the 5th floor CSSNA bulletin floor.
8/6/14 SNA Heart Walk Details
Register Here to Join Our Team! It's FREE to register AND walk.
When and Where:
• Saturday, August 23rd, 2014
• Columbus Commons Downtown Columbus
o Link to the Columbus Commons website for directions and parking information
• Walk begins at 9:00AM
• Opening Ceremonies at the Columbus Commons begin at 8:30AM
• Team Members of CSCC SNA (so anyone who goes to walk) are to meet between 7:30-8:00AM near the carousel which is inside the Columbus Commons area on the side near Rich Street.
• OPTIONAL (but super neat) T-shirts to wear to the event or on campus or other SNA events or for fun (but always remember you are representing the CSCC nursing program) will look like the attached picture. Shirts will be $15.00. They will be unisex. If you are interested in purchasing one please send your size and payment to Jenny Ditty by Monday, August 11th by contacting Jenny through email (firstname.lastname@example.org). NO LATER THAN THAT MONDAY. Shirts will be available to pick up on the morning of the event starting at 7:30AM by the carousel.
Choice of Walk Distances:
1 or 3 Miles
• To join in the CSCC Student Nurses Association's goal of raising $400.00 for the American Heart Association.
• To put on your resume!
• If you are a member of SNA then this can count towards one of the activities you participated in to be noted as an actual active member. So when it comes time for your pinning you get an extra pin. Did I also mention this would look great on a resume?! Think ahead!!
• Last but not least I shouldn't even have to say because we are all nursing students but HEART HEALTH! The American Heart Association's mission statement for this event is "Building healthier lives, free of cardiovascular disease and stroke".
-You do NOT need to be a member of SNA to participate in this event.
-We do ask you either donate funds to help achieve the goal or request donations. Once you are registered for the event you will have you own webpage link that you can send to friends and family where they can send in their donations.
-IT'S GOING TO BE FUN!!!
Please feel free to forward all questions and concerns my way!
See you out there!
CSCC SNA Secretary
CSCC SNA Heart Walk Team Captain
5/16/14 SUMMER INFORMATION
Hello All SNA Members!
I am proud to announce the new officers for SNA are as follows:
Deanna Franks, President
Kirsten Townsend, Vice President
Jenny Ditty, Secretary
We are still seeking a Treasurer who is also a Blended program participant to represent the Blended students.
This summer is a great time to get involved in SNA! We are thrilled to be taking the helm and want to better serve the students involved in the SNA as well as the community as representatives of Columbus State Nursing Program and our chapter of SNA. If you haven't been involved with SNA yet please take the opportunity to attend one of the two meetings this summer. The first meeting is Monday June 2nd at 12:30pm. The second is Tuesday July 8th at 11:00am. Both of the meetings are in Franklin Hall 311 and are in coordination with open lab times. We are planning many fundraising opportunities this summer and in the fall which will be discussed at meetings and information will be posted on this web page. If you have any questions or concerns feel free to email Deanna Franks at email@example.com.
Have a Happy & Safe Summer!
April 23, 2014 ANNOUNCEMENT
Just a reminder we have a bake sale April 30 Wednesday from 10 to 1pm.
All donations are appreciated.
The SNA would like to thank all In advance. We are hoping to make a large donation to Children's Hospital!
Also we still need volunteers for pinning ceremony on May 8. Volunteers need to arrive at 5:00pm. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org ASAP.
Finally, a special thanks to those who participated in the MS Walk at the zoo. We raised $150 to help fight MS.
Which went directly to the MS Society.
Thanks again and remember Nurses Rock, Jamie France CSNA President