We have received sufficient applications for consideration for the Autumn 2016 class.
All subsequent applications submitted will be considered for the Spring 2017 class.
1. Click on the RN Application button to submit an application.
2. All admission criteria and documentation must be met and on file. Upload your
HESI A2 scores and STNA card to the application.
3. If you wish to clarify or challenge a requirement that is listed as unmet you
will have the option to dispute this. You will receive an email once the dispute
has been reviewed and a decision has been made.
4. Acceptance packets will be sent via the US Postal Service to the address that
is listed on your application.
The required information session is up and ready!
Follow the above link and complete the session. When the application period opens
it will link the session you completed to your application.
Become a Registered Nurse (RN)! Columbus State's Associate of Applied Science in Nursing Degree (A.D.N.) prepares
our graduates to provide direct care to clients with common health problems in a variety
We offer a five semester program that includes knowledge from nursing, humanities
and sciences along with a strong emphasis on psychomotor skills. Students go to a
wide variety of practice settings. Students are exposed to a well-developed curriculum
that includes an emphasis on critical thinking, decision making, delegation and care
management skills in the acute, intermediate, chronic and community care areas.
Upon successful completion of the program, students are eligible to take the NCLEX-RN
exam. Licensure from the Ohio Board of Nursing is needed for employment as a Registered
Traditional Nursing Program
Students who desire a traditional class setting for the majority of their course work
should consider this program. Traditional Program
Blended Nursing Program
Students who desire a combination of in-class and online course work should consider
the Blended Program. The program combines online classes with in-person labs and clinicals. Blended Program
LPN to RN Program
Columbus State offers LPNs the opportunity to upgrade their credentials to a Registered
Nurse (RN). LPNs may already have credits that they may apply to the RN program. LPN to RN Program
At the completion of the nursing program, the student will:
1. Implement safe, patient–centered care in the professional role of the Registered
2. Utilize nursing judgement, supported by best current evidence and quality improvement
measures in providing nursing care for patients across the life span.
3. Collaborate effectively with patient, family, nursing and inter-professional team
4. Apply informatics and technology to communicate and manage patient care.
The Associate Degree Nursing Program is accredited by:
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing (ACEN)
3343 Peachtree Road NE, Suite 850
Atlanta, Georgia 30326
The Associate Degree Nursing Program is approved by:
The Ohio Board of Nursing
17 S. High Street, Suite 400
Columbus, Ohio 43215-7410