Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Nurse Aide Training Program Certificate (NURC 1101)
This one-class certificate (NURC 1101) qualifies students to become a Nurse Aide. NURC 1101 is a prerequisite for most of our nursing programs, so be sure to check it out. More information
Patient Care Skills Certificate (NURC 1102)
A student completing the Patient Care Skills Certificate will be able to:
- Effectively communicate in the health care setting.
- State and demonstrate principles of medical asepsis and standard precautions.
- State and demonstrate the principles of surgical asepsis.
- Identify and demonstrate the principles of safe resident care in an acute care setting.
- Discuss and demonstrate correct basic nursing skills commonly performed in the acute care setting.
Complementary Care Certificate (Selected combination of NURC 1170, 1171, 1172 or PNUR 1201)
A student completing the Complementary Care Certificate will be able to:
- Define terms associated with complementary care practices.
- Identify the different types of complementary care practices.
- Discuss the use of complementary care methods for health maintenance.
- Discuss the role of research in the evaluation of complementary care.
Registered Nurse First Assistant Certificate (NURC 1901, 1902)
A student completing the Registered Nurse First Assistant Certificate will be able to:
- Act effectively and safely as a first assistant in surgery.
- Meet eligibility requirements to take the RNFA certificate examination.
Train the Trainer Certificate(NURC 1250)
A student completing the Train the Trainer Certificate will be able to:
- Teach, coordinate, and supervise a Nurse Aide Training Program.
- Meet the requirements established by the Ohio Department of Health.