ATTENTION: Westerville Center closed until 2 p.m. More.
Upon completion of the Practical Nurse Program, the graduate will be able to:
- Demonstrate the role and scope of practice for the practical nurse in Ohio
- Apply knowledge from the biological, behavioral, and nursing sciences to the care of clients.
- Utilize the nursing process to provide safe and effective nursing care to a diverse population in a variety of health care settings.
- Communicate effectively with clients and families, health care providers, and community members for the purpose of health promotion, maintenance, and restoration.
- Safely perform nursing skills according to accepted standards of practice.
- Demonstrate professionalism by engaging in legal, ethical, and accountable behaviors and utilizing economic concepts as they relate to the health care arena.
- Synthesize knowledge from nursing and related disciplines using critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate caring behaviors by respecting the diversity of each person by treating them with dignity and integrity.
- Collaborate with the health care team to provide and delegate nursing care according to Ohio Board of Nursing rules.