Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Pharmacy Technician Certificate Program
Pharmacy Technician Certificate Program
Get Job-Ready In One Semester
If you are interested in the field of healthcare, becoming a pharmacy technician is a great place to start. The Pharmacy Technician Program at Columbus State gets you job-ready with just 4 classes (10 credit hours – usually one semester!).
Plus, it prepares you to take one of the Pharmacy Technician Board Exam for professional certification, potentially raising your earning power.
INFORMATION SESSION SCHEDULE
- September 30th, 2014 at 6:00pm, Union Hall Room 331
- October 23rd, 2014 at 12:00pm, Room: TBD
- November 3rd, 2014 at 2:00pm. Room: TBD
RSVP to attend the session of your choice by emailing email@example.com.
Upon completion of the pharmacy certificate the student will be able to:
Plan of Study
|MULT 1500||Concepts for the Pharmacy Technician||4|
|BMGT 1008||21st Century Workplace Skill||2|
|MATH 1000||Mathematics Skills for Health Professionals||1|
|MKTG 1230||Customer Service & Sales||3|
|TOTAL CREDIT HOURS||.||10|
|TOTAL CERTIFICATE CREDIT HOURS||.||10|
Fingerprint and Drug Screen Instructions
*Students registering for the program on or before August 9th must have the background check and drug screening process started by August 10th. Students registering on or after August 10th have 48 hours from their registration to start this process. Students who do not start this process on time will be dropped from the class.
The cost for the fingerprinting and drug screen is $106.00. Fingerprints and Drug Screens are good for 1 year only.
A valid CSCC email is REQUIRED-(Example: firstname.lastname@example.org)
You must be near a printer to print necessary forms for drug test & fingerprinting.
- You will only have 3 business days to complete your drug test
- You will only have 14 business days to complete your fingerprinting
1. Have your credit card (Visa/MasterCard/American Express/Discover) information ready in order to process payment. Your credit card will be charged $106.00 for the service.
2. Log onto our website at www.VerifyStudents.com
3. Use this special promotional code: CSCCAHFDS
4. Complete profile & e-sign forms as they appear
- Be sure to select your correct ACADEMIC PROGRAM from the drop down box.
5. Print Fingerprint Control Form
6. Schedule your drug test and print eScreen ePassport
After completing online process:
1. Drug testing: go to collection site listed on ePassport
- Bring ePassport & government photo ID, e.g. – driver’s license
2. Fingerprinting: go to Columbus State’s Public Safety office
Frequently Asked Questions:
1. Will I be a Certified Pharmacy Technician?
Certification is a process by which a non-governmental organization grants recognition to an individual who has met predetermined qualifications specified by that organization. In order to become a certified pharmacy technician, you must take an exam to prove competency in the field. This class will prepare you for the examination. There are currently two approved examinations:
1. The ExCPT exam: provided by the Institute for the Certification of Pharmacy Technicians (ICPT): www.nationaltechexam.org.
This test is $105 and is offered at the Testing and Talent Assessment Center at the Center for Workforce Development. Candidates must pre-register with NHA (National Health Career Association) at www.nhanow.com or call 800-499-9092. For additional information regarding this exam please contact us at 614-287-5858.
2. The Pharmacy Technician Certification Examination (PTCE) provided by the pharmacy technician certification board (PTCB): www.ptcb.org
This test is $129 and is offered at Pearson Professional Centers. Candidates must pre-register with the Pharmacy Technician Certification Board (PTCB) at www.pctb.org or call 1-800-363-8012. For additional information regarding this exam please contact us at 614-287-5858.
2. Where can I find a job?
Pharmacy Technicians are in demand by several types of health care facilities including hospitals, home health care organizations, retail pharmacies, mail order drug companies, call centers and are moving to more specialized pharmacy areas.
3. What job qualifications will I have after completing this course?
Pharmacy technicians assist pharmacists in preparing and filling prescriptions, keeping records or drugs used, working with the public, taking inventory, ordering supplies, and completing other tasks as needed based upon your skills.
4. Are there any prerequisites for this certificate?
You will be required to be cleared through a background check/fingerprinting and drug screen process to complete the certificate program. You must register for the screening process through Corporate Screening within one week of enrollment in MULT 1500.
5. How much money can I make as a Pharmacy Technician?
As with any job, it depends on where you work. The beginning pay may range from $8.00 to $14.00 per hour in the Central Ohio area. Higher pay rates may be given due to shift differentials (i.e. working evenings or weekends) or for becoming a Certified Technician.
6. Does taking this course guarantee employment?
Columbus State Community College does not guarantee job placement. To help facilitate job placement, we invite several organizations to the class to discuss their application processes. These organizations range from traditional pharmacies, hospitals, and call centers, to other non-traditional pharmacy related organizations. Here is a link to information regarding the career field: http://www.bls.gov/ooh/healthcare/pharmacy-technicians.htm