Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
1. Submit an official copy of your high school transcript verifying graduation or GED to the College Admissions or Records and Registration Department.
2. The Department does not offer proficiency exams for any technical course.
3.Take the CSCC Compass placement test for reading, math and writing skills. The following is required:
If developmental courses in English composition and/or reading/and/or math are recommended, the following requirements must be met before you can begin technical courses in the MH/AS/DD Program.
4.Meet with a Health and Human Services Division academic advisor to establish the first term schedule. Receive notification of Program Information session and plan to attend while enrolled in the first term of MHAD introductory courses.
5. The following courses are requirements and must be completed with a “C” or higher before you can be formally admitted/accepted into the program.
- ENGL 1100: Beginning Composition
- PSY 1100: Introduction to Psychology
- CSCI 1101: Computer Concepts & Applications
- MHAD 1111: Introduction to Social Work/Mental Health
- MHAD 1112: Introduction to Developmental Disabilities
- MHAD 1114: Introduction to Addiction Studies
- MHAD 1115: Introductory Helping Skills
The courses in Section 5 may be taken concurrently and in any order or combination. A portion of the seats for the MHAD introductory courses will be held for students who are already enrolled in MHAD courses each term. All remaining seats will be available for registration for new students after noon on the first day of registration.
NOTE: All must be successfully completed before you can be offered formal admission in the program.
6.Attend a mandatory MHAD Program Information Session. Several options are available each semester. Review the MH/AS/DD Professional Expectations & Commitment Document prior to Information Session.
7. Completion of the mandatory background check with the results prior to attending the mandatory group admission interview.
*Students must be "off paper" for at least one year.
8. Attend and participate in a mandatory group admission interview. The interview will be scheduled during the latter half of the semester you are completing the seven (7) required courses listed above.
9. Review and Sign the MH/AS/DD Professional Expectations & Commitment Document during the Admissions Interview
10. Completion of additional required documentation for persons with prior criminal convictions.
11. Minimum GPA of 2.5