The Columbus Campus is closed: More
Online Refresher Courses
The MLT Program at Columbus State Community College (CSCC) is now offering online refresher courses in the following laboratory disciplines: Hematology (I and II), Immunology, Chemistry, Blood Banking, Microbiology, Body Fluids, as well as a comprehensive Case Study course.
These courses may be of interest to working MTs or MLTs who wish to brush up on their theoretical knowledge in a specific laboratory department or for cross-training purposes.
The lecture courses:
- are available totally online through the CSCC MLT Program.
- may be taken as a grade or as a Satisfactory/Unsatisfactory option.
- have been approved by ASCP for CMLE credit.
Course credit hours are typically 2-3 credits. 10 CMLE credits will be awarded for 2 credit courses and 15 CMLE credits for 3 credit courses. Clinical facilities that have a current affiliation agreement with CSCC may use banked credit bank hours to offset the registration fees.
To be eligible to take an online MLT Refresher course you must be a certified MT,
MLS, or MLT.
Here are a few steps to follow prior to taking a CSCC MLT Refresher Course:
1. Apply to CSCC to obtain a Cougar ID Number: http://www.cscc.edu/
• Click on the Admission Link
• Click on Apply Online
• Document your Cougar ID number for future reference.
2. Email a scanned copy or fax a copy of your MT, MLS, or MLT certification member card to: April Pace (firstname.lastname@example.org). Be sure to include your first and last name and the facility (if applicable) where you work. Fax: 614-287-5144
3. April Pace will need to register you for the course. Once you are registered, you will receive a confirmation email; then you will need to pay for the course.
How to pay:
• On the Columbus website (http://www.cscc.edu/) look for "Quick Links" (right side)
and click on the drop down stating "choose a site".
• Click on Pay Fees
• Be sure to pay the fees prior to the first week of class to avoid being "Dropped for Non-Payment" and to avoid a late penalty fee.
For further information please email or call April Pace (see contact information below).
April Pace, M.B.A. MLT(ASCP)
Email: email@example.com or phone: 614-287-5152