Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
To quickly find the answers to your questions, please roll over the relevant links below.
If your question is not listed here, feel free to call us at 614-287-5010 or visit us at
Integrated Media & Technology,
401 Eibling Hall,
550 E Spring Street,
Columbus Ohio, 43215.
- Where is the Integrated Media & Technology department located?
- A. The Integrated Media & Technology Departments main office and faculty are located on the fourth floor in 401 Eibling Hall.
- Who can I talk to for general information?
- A. Integrated Media & Technology main office is open Monday through Friday 8:00 a.m. to 5 p.m.. The office associate is Cindy Meyers (614-287-5010, email: email@example.com).
- What degree programs do you offer?
- How do I talk to an advisor?
- Do I need to take prerequisites?
- A. Most courses are built upon a foundation which presumes previous knowledge and skills. Even though you may have been exposed to certain concepts, faculty need to be sure that you have the necessary capabilities to handle the material in that particular class.
- How do I register for classes?
- A. Registration should be completed as soon as the registration period begins for a new semester, so you will not get closed out of a particular class you may want. You may go to online registration at http://www.cscc.edu. Also, you may register in person at the registrar’s office in Madison Hall. If you do not register by the deadline posted for that semester, only a faculty member may sign you into that course, and there may be a late registration fee applied.
- Will my credits transfer to another institution?
- A. That depends upon the institution to which you are transferring. It is best to contact that institution and ask an advisor there to comment on that institutions policies.
- Will Columbus State accept my courses from another institution?
- A. Again that depends on many factors, including the institution from which the credit was given, the time elapsed since the credit was given, and the course objectives which were covered. To give you the best chance of having your credit accepted, please provide the Columbus State Records and Registration Department and your advisor with official transcripts from the granting institution. Also, please provide your advisor with a catalog from the granting institution so a determination may be made whether the courses meet our technical specifications. If you have questions about this, please see your advisor.
- Can I complete my degree in two years?
- A. Our plans of study do allow for completion in a two year period. However, most students do take more time due to work and child care related issues.
- What certifications can I get?
- A. Answer to be determined.
- How can I test out of a class?
- A. If you feel you have the required expertise in certain classes, you can attempt to test out of that class. The cost is $50.00 per class and must be paid in the Cashier's Office prior to taking the test. You must make arrangements with the lead instructor of the particular class to take the test. Please call the department’s main office to find the lead instructor for a particular course.
- What happens when the curriculum changes?
- A. As you can imagine, the curriculum can change regularly. When students enroll in one of our plans of study, they are enrolled in a current catalog of courses. When and if the plan of study changes, the student has the option to stay with their original plan or change to the new one. Our advisors can help the student decide which plan would be the most advantageous. You do not have to change your plan of study.
- Why do I pay a lab fee if I am registered for a distance learning course?
- A. The lab fee assists in maintaining the learning management system, i.e. Blackboard, which is your virtual classroom.