The Columbus Campus is closed: More
Resources & Links
This list provides links for many useful financial and business sources that you may find valuable and interesting. All are excellent sources for research.
- Yahoo Finance - This is an excellent business resource with daily news as well as a wealth of information on companies and industries. If you do not know the stock symbol for a company, just begin to type the name and you will see "prompts" appear that will assist you. Then, when you enter that company's stock symbol, you will see a wide range of information on each company's recent headlines, stock performance information, quotes, financial information etc. Look at the left hand menu on the page and review the various resources there. This site also has weekly columnists that provide different perspectives on the news.
- Google Finance - This is an excellent business resource with much of the same information as Yahoo Finance. This site adds a great feature for historical stock price charting; citing articles relevant to the timeframe.
- Morningstar - This is an excellent business resource with much of the same information as Yahoo Finance
- CNN Money - This website has excellent daily news articles on a wide variety of business topics.
- Bloomberg.com –This is a comprehensive source of business news and information
- Business Week magazine - This is a very good weekly business news magazine that you will find useful.
- CNN Money –This website has excellent articles on a wide variety of business topics.
- Fortune magazine –This magazine includes excellent articles on a wide variety of business topics.
- MSN Money - This is another useful link that offers a wide range of business news and company and industry news and information.
- Bankrate.com – Excellent general banking site. Has interest rates, loan information and general banking knowledge sections.
- AnnualCreditReport.com – Excellent site to check your credit report. You can check each major credit bureau once a year. You can buy an actual credit score here, but the report is free with no obligation or follow up (unlike the sites on TV)
- Motley Fool – Many students want to learn more about investing, and this site is a good place to start.
- Investopedia - Many students want to learn more about investing, and this site is a good place
Bonds – Each site has information about buying bonds
- Options and Futures – Information about buying and using options.
- International (Currency) – Information about trading in currencies
- Mutual Funds – A small list of sites specializing in mutual funds
- Some sites about broker ratings
- Some specific brokerage sites