Skip to main content
Go! Register for Spring today!


Advising for prospective students and pre-ECDE students

Advising services for prospective students and pre-ECDE students is available through Health and Human Services Advising. For information or to make an appointment, please go to


Advising for students who have been formally admitted to ECDE

An ECDE faculty advisor is assigned to each student, by last name, upon formal entry to the ECDE program. To be formally admitted to the ECDE program, students must submit a Major Application to their advisor as assigned below. This application can be found on the ECDE Student Community on Blackboard. Advisors are available to assist and advise students regarding academic concerns, early childhood career plans, and plans of study. 

A - E Melanie Adams 287-5411
F - J Christine Creagh 287-5805
K - O Li Yang (740) 203-8218
P - T Charvella McKaye 287-2871
U - Z Tricia May-Woods 287-2172

See your advisor for the following:

  • To create or review your overall Plan of Study. Your Plan of Study should be completed the semester you are formally admitted to the ECDE program. This process requires an in-person advising appointment. Remember to bring your Cougar ID number.
  • To discuss transfer possibilities to four year Bachelor’s programs.
  • To discuss transfer credit from other institutions.
  • To have your Petition to Graduate form completed. Forms must first be filled out by the student online (see the Columbus State website). An online graduate survey must also be completed. Petitions to graduate must be completed the semester prior to the graduation semester so that your advisor will have ample time to complete it and return it to you. The Petition to Graduate must be delivered to Records and Registration by the student before the final deadline. Receipts will be given by the Records and Registration Department only if requested. It is the student’s responsibility to initiate and complete this petition to graduate process.

Please note: Faculty advising services WILL NOT be available during college breaks. It is the student’s responsibility to plan ahead and schedule advising appointments appropriately. The Office of Health and Human Services Advising is open during most breaks. Please see their website for further information.