LOCATION CHANGE: Taste the Future, Tuesday, Aug. 16, has been moved to the Columbus State parking garage on Washington Avenue.
How Ford ASSET Works
To participate in the 2nd part of the ASSET program, you will need to:
- Complete the steps listed in How Do I Qualify for ASSET?
- Be sponsored by a Ford or Lincoln dealership (You are ultimately responsible for obtaining the sponsorship, but we will assist you in any way that we can. This is not a financial sponsorship).
- Cover program costs, including tuition, fees, books, and tools
- Have a valid driver’s license with less than 6 points.
- Have the ambition to succeed in a challenging profession.
You and the Dealer
Sponsoring Ford and Lincoln dealers play a vital role in ASSET. Each dealer:
- Interviews and selects prospective students for employment.
- Provides the work experience that reinforces classroom instruction.
- Pays you for working at the dealership.
Ford Motor Company's Role
Ford is the driving force behind the ASSET program. The company:
- Is involved in ASSET instructor selection.
- Provides ASSET instructors with advanced technical training.
- Supplies Columbus State with training vehicles, components and training materials.