Westerville classes canceled until 2 p.m. due to a power outage.
How Ford ASSET Works
To participate in the 2nd part of the ASSET program, you will need to:
- Complete the steps listed in How Do I Qualify for ASSET?
- Be sponsored by a Ford or Lincoln dealership (You are ultimately responsible for obtaining the sponsorship, but we will assist you in any way that we can. This is not a financial sponsorship).
- Cover program costs, including tuition, fees, books, and tools
- Have a valid driver’s license with less than 6 points.
- Have the ambition to succeed in a challenging profession.
You and the Dealer
Sponsoring Ford and Lincoln dealers play a vital role in ASSET. Each dealer:
- Interviews and selects prospective students for employment.
- Provides the work experience that reinforces classroom instruction.
- Pays you for working at the dealership.
Ford Motor Company's Role
Ford is the driving force behind the ASSET program. The company:
- Is involved in ASSET instructor selection.
- Provides ASSET instructors with advanced technical training.
- Supplies Columbus State with training vehicles, components and training materials.