LOCATION CHANGE: Taste the Future, Tuesday, Aug. 16, has been moved to the Columbus State parking garage on Washington Avenue.
Research, Background, and Other Considerations
The Strategic Planning process uses a data-driven approach to address the college's upcoming needs. The Steering Committee has interviewed stakeholders, both within the college and out in the community, and reviewed research.
Civic Engagement Planning Resources
- The Devil is in the Details: Defining Civic Engagement (M.Brabant and D.Braid, Journal of Higher Education an Engagement, Vol. 13, No.2, 2009)
- Stepping Forward As Stewards of Place: A Guide for Leading Public Engagement at State Colleges & Universities (AASCU Task Force, May 2002)
- Enhancing Access and Building a Campus Culture of Civic Engagement and Service Learning: A Dual Consortial Approach (Thomas R. Horgan and Deborah Scire, New Directions for Higher Education)
- Civic Engagement in Higher Education (John S. O'Connor, Change September/October 2006)
- A Brief Review of the Evidence on Civic Learning in Higher Education (prepared by Ashley Finley; distributed at AACU Annual Meeting, January 2012)
- Carnegie's Community Engagement Classification: Intentions and Insights
Workforce Development Planning Resources
- Sectoral Strategies for Low-Income Workers (Aspen Institute)
- Changing the Fortunes of America's Workforce: A Human Capital Challenge (McKinsey Global Institute)
- What is 21st Century Learning? (Excerpt)
- Pathways to Prosperity: Meeting the Challenges of Preparing Young Americans for the 21st Century (Harvard Graduate School of Education)
Ologie (branding and advertising agency)