Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Take Back the Night & Day of Silence
Columbus State, Franklin University and Columbus College of Art and Design will partner April 15-19 to present the annual Take Back the Night and Day of Silence activities.
The annual Take Back the Night and Day of Silence events seek to empower students and community members of the Discovery District to become a safer and more unified community for all residents, visitors and friends. Both of these national movements work to end violence against women and LGBT (lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender) individuals.
Starting with an evening march and vigil on April 15, and following with town hall meetings, movie screenings and workshops on multiple dates, the annual event raises awareness throughout the Discovery District for these issues.
Monday, April 15
Take Back the Night/Day of Silence march and candlelight vigil featuring the Columbus Gay Men's Chorus and a speaker at CCAD. Gathering for the march begins at 5 p.m. near the Christopher Columbus statue on the Columbus State campus. We will march past Franklin University and end at CCAD campus around 6 p.m. for the program.
Tuesday, April 16
Vendor fair and meet-and-greet with campus police from Columbus State, Franklin and CCAD. The event will take place in the Columbus State courtyard (with a rain location in the Nestor Hall lounge) from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Vendors include: BRAVO, SARNCO, CHOICES, DWAVE, Safe Haven.
Wednesday, April 17
- V-Men workshop hosted by MAN Initiative at Columbus State, 12-1 p.m. Library Studio
- Bystander awareness training hosted by BRAVO at Columbus State, 1:30-2:30 p.m. Library Studio
- Sexual assault / Title IX workshop hosted by Columbus State at CCAD, 2:30-3:30 p.m. at CCAD's Canzani Center.
- LGBT assault workshop hosted by BRAVO, 4-5 p.m. at the Crane Center.
Thursday, April 18
Premiere screening of CSCC "It Gets Better" video, 4 p.m. in CSCC Library Studio
Town Hall on college climates for LGBT students and employees, 4:15 p.m. in CSCC Library Studio
LGBT mini film festival at CSCC, 5 – 9 p.m. including:
- Boys Don't Cry
- Were the World Mine
- Before Stonewall
Friday, April 19
- Day of Silence speak out – discussion and reflection at CCAD, 6: 30 p.m. in Canzani lobby
- Drag show at CCAD, 8 p.m. in Canzani auditorium.
For more information, contact email@example.com.