Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
Transfer partnership with Miami
Miami University set up a special website to welcome Columbus State students. Transfer to Miami
Miami University in Oxford is now partnering with Columbus State Community College to offer students a new transfer option. The partnership between the two institutions provides students with a direct and guaranteed path to a bachelor's degree.
Students who graduate with an associate degree and a 2.0 grade point average from Columbus State will be eligible for guaranteed admission to Miami University.
Miami University is also committed to providing a limited number of scholarships for eligible students.In addition, while attending Columbus State, students in this new program will have access to on-site academic advising from both Miami and Columbus State. They will also have academic support services including:
- Workshops and presentations by Miami University staff. (Topics include: time management, Admission 101, Parent 101, financial aid, and majors and programs.)
- Access to Miami University resources and special events
- Access to a transfer center
- Automatic transfer credit evaluations
- An early connection to Miami University's career services
- Assistance with navigating the admission and financial aid process
- Major and program guides/degree plans with specific course details providing guided routes toward a Miami University bachelor's degree
- Monthly newsletters focusing on Miami University and transfer topics
- Priority considerations for Miami University transfer scholarships
Miami University first approached Columbus State about a partnership option earlier this year.
"With this partnership and the numerous strengths that Columbus State and Miami both offer, Ohio students will have even more opportunities to pursue meaningful degrees and careers," said Miami President David Hodge. "We welcome those Columbus State transfer students into the Miami family and look forward to them becoming involved in the very active academic and co-curricular Miami Experience."
"More and more students are starting their bachelor's degree plans here at Columbus State," said President David Harrison. "By first completing their associate degree at Columbus State, this partnership eliminates a lot of uncertainty for students and families, providing a high quality, affordable pathway to a bachelor's degree at Miami University."
Columbus State graduates in the spring semester of 2014 will be the first students eligible to take advantage of the new transfer partnership.