ATTENTION: Westerville Center closed until 2 p.m. More.
Master Planning Project
President Harrison lays out a vision for new partnerships, new construction, and our commitment to students.
See also: Video from the event
Envision the Future
Want to be contacted when new information about Master Planning is posted on the web? To sign up for updates, send an email to email@example.com.
Columbus State Community College is one of the largest community colleges in the State of Ohio, serving over 25,000 students at its Columbus and Delaware campuses, through its on-line program, and at 9 regional learning centers located within its four-county district.
Through this master planning process the College is developing a long-range plan that addresses its role in meeting the higher education needs of central Ohioans. The master plan provides context for articulating strategic priorities and making informed decisions on how resources can be used most effectively to meet the College's strategic goals, students success, workforce development, and civic engagement.
Several challenges and opportunities that face Columbus State are considered in the Master Plan, including:
1. A rapidly changing world that requires flexibility in strategy and execution.
2. Technological advances that impact on how teachers teach and students learn.
3. Increasing reliance on student tuition and fees to fund operational and other needs as funding from the State of Ohio is reduced in proportion to a growing student population.
4. Space utilization that will better advance student success and a stronger sense of community.
5. A clear and strong desire for community engagement in developing sustainable mutually beneficial partnerships that advance the community’s greater good.
We have engaged the Columbus State community and stakeholders from throughout our four-county service district throughout this planning process.