Fee payment deadline is today, May 21. More
PERFORMs is Columbus State Community College’s approach to performance management.
Performance Management is an on-going, two-way process of communication and partnership between a supervisor and an employee that occurs throughout the year to support accomplishing the strategic plans of both. This process includes clarifying expectations, setting objectives, identifying goals, providing feedback, coaching, reviewing results, and recognizing accomplishments.
Steps in the PERFORMs cycle
(click a square for guides to that part of the cycle)
PERFORMs stands for Program for Employee Recognition Founded on Opportunities, Results and Measures.
Columbus State Community College recognized the need to attract and retain talented administrators and staff to achieve its strategic goals. Through a campus survey, employees expressed that they wanted to be compensated and recognized for three main areas:
- professional development/competency
- years of service (productivity)
These three criteria form the basis for the philosophy CSCC of performance management, called PERFORMs. It creates a framework for processes, procedures and employee development. The key concepts guiding this approach are:
- Partnership between supervisor & employee
- Defining outcomes & clarifying expectations
- Providing coaching & regular feedback
- Identifying development needs & opportunities
- Creating an environment of accountability and commitment
- Recognizing & celebrating success