ATTENTION: College offices closed for business through Jan. 1. More.
Since 1973, Columbus State Community College has been accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCAHLC). Founded in 1895, the NCAHLC is an independent corporation and one of six regional accrediting institutions of higher learning in the United States.
The Commission accredits Columbus State Community College to award more than 120 associate degrees or certificates in areas of business, health, health/public services and engineering technologies. Graduates of the Arts and Sciences Division complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree and can transfer to another college or university to earn a bachelor's degree.
For more information about accreditation contact the Office of Academic Affairs at 287-2639.
Other Accreditations and Memberships
Some of the Career and Technical Programs are accredited by professional associations and agencies as listed below.
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health
- Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care Education Programs
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- American Council of Construction Education (ACCE)
- Professional Landscape Network (PLANET)
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, Inc (ABET)
- American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology
- Accrediting Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration
- Commission for Accreditation of Dietetics Education
- Dietary Managers Association
- The State Medical Board of Ohio
- Council for Standards in Human Service Education (CSHSE)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Technician–Paramedic Program State of Ohio EMS Agency
- American Bar Association Standing Committee on Legal Assistants
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- Ohio Department of Health NATCEP Unit
- Ohio Board of Nursing