ATTENTION: Westerville Center closed until 2 p.m. More.
Second Portfolio Debuts
Columbus State's second Systems Portfolio has been submitted to the Higher Learning Commission, the college's accreditor. The document is a key element in the college's accreditation pathway, the Academic Quality Improvement Program (AQIP).
A year in the making, the 124-page report answers approximately 140 questions about the college's processes, results and improvements in nine organizational categories.
Also embedded in the questions is evidence that demonstrates how Columbus State meets the five Criteria of accreditation.
From its beginning in 1973, Columbus State Community College has been accredited by The Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools (NCAHLC). The NCAHLC is an independent corporation and one of six regional accrediting institutions of higher learning in the United States.
Columbus State is accredited to award more than 120 associate degrees or certificates in areas of business, health, health/public services and engineering technologies. Graduates of the Arts and Sciences Division complete the first two years of a bachelor's degree and can transfer to another college or university to earn a bachelor's degree.
In 2006, the college started on a new accreditation pathway, AQIP, the Academic Quality Improvement Program. Created by the Higher Learning Commission, AQIP uses the Continuous Quality Improvement (CQI) model to measure organizational performance and plan improvements.
In December 2012, the Higher Learning Commission reaffirmed Columbus State's accreditation through 2019-20.
Other Accreditations and Memberships
Some of the Career and Technical Programs are accredited by professional associations and agencies as listed below.
- Commission on Accreditation for Health Informatics and Information Management Education (CAHIIM)
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health
- Committee on Accreditation for Respiratory Care Education Programs
- National Accrediting Agency for Clinical Laboratory Sciences (NAACLS)
- National Institute for Automotive Service Excellence (ASE)
- National Automotive Technicians Education Foundation (NATEF)
- Association of Collegiate Business Schools and Programs (ACBSP)
- American Council of Construction Education (ACCE)
- Professional Landscape Network (PLANET)
- Federal Aviation Administration
- Accreditation Board of Engineering and Technology, Inc (ABET)
- American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation
- American Veterinary Medical Association
- Committee on Veterinary Technician Education and Activities
- Joint Review Committee on Education in Radiologic Technology
- Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs
- Accreditation Review Committee on Education in Surgical Technology
- Accrediting Commission for Programs in Hospitality Administration
- Commission for Accreditation of Dietetics Education
- Dietary Managers Association
- The State Medical Board of Ohio
- Council for Standards in Human Service Education (CSHSE)
- National Association for the Education of Young Children
- Technician–Paramedic Program State of Ohio EMS Agency
- American Bar Association Standing Committee on Legal Assistants
- National League for Nursing Accrediting Commission (NLNAC)
- Ohio Department of Health NATCEP Unit
- Ohio Board of Nursing